Friday, June 03, 2005

Schools Out For Summer

School's out by Alice Cooper

Did you sing the song???

We've been so busy this first week that the kids have been out of school that I forgot to update my blog. I can't even remember everything we've done or not done this week either.

As I was chatting with Sandi on AIM one day she did tell me to include something cute that Kurt, Shelby and I do, though. When we are in the car going someplace the older kids (Cynthia, Al & Mary-Jo) are always calling "Mama" for my attention and then start talking to me. Well, Kurt and Shelby started mimicing the older kids by calling my name, "Mama!" They wait for me to say, "Whata?" Then they jibberjabber some little sentence that I don't really understand yet. However, I know they are are saying something specific because they use the same syllables and inflection in the sentence they are saying. We do this almost the whole trip into town. First Kurt, then Shelby. I wonder why I don't get irritated at them, but I get frustrated at C,A&M? Maybe it's true that for the first 2-3 years we teach them to walk & talk, then as soon as they learn how we want them to sit still and be quiet.

My mom left me her van while they went out of town Thursday-Saturday so today I took advantage of a working vehicle to take the kids to McDonald's playland for lunch. We were going to go to the big park (Key's Park) that the kids love afterwards, but K&S were pretty exhausted. I told the 3 older ones that we needed to go home and let them take a nap first then when they wake up we'd go to Key's Park after supper. Since it doesn't get dark until 8:30pm or so, they should have plenty of time to exhaust theirselves so that they all sleep good tonight! I can't wait until we can find out what's wrong with the suburban and get it fixed so we can do many more exhaustion trips, I mean, fun things together during the summer.


CRAFT AND THOUGHT FOR THE DAY!
Empty, tall and narrow spice containers are perfect vases to display the wildflowers that your thoughtful children picked out of the yard bring to you.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

That is such a cute game. Kinda gross by my standards. But cute nonetheless.

Kurt sounds like such a cute boy!