Saturday, May 28, 2005

YIKES!!!!

Today we went to my Grandma's house to celebrate her 90th birthday (she doesn't act a day over 70 IMO). I take the kids out and let them walk into the yard. Of course Kurt takes off and has to explore. I'm so glad that I followed him because he got within 5 feet of a snake!!! It was a king snake (black with yellow dots), but imo a snake is a snake! So I get him and we get out of there in a hurry. I inform my cousin (who I knew would kill it) and everyone else there who has a child. Shortly thereafter the snake was killed and the rest of the yard was inspected!

That was the only scare of the day, it was a great day for playing with the kids out of doors. My Grandmother got to visit with her brothers, sisters, children, neices, nephews, and grand and great grandchildren.

Kurt and Shelby have not taken a nap yet (they are eating supper as I type) and have not been whiny even once with the exception of waiting for supper once we got home.

No comments: