Friday, May 27, 2005

Transferring more

MATERNITY WEAR
The twins are a little over 2 years old and I still use several pieces of maternity clothing as part of my everyday sah wardrobe. But I don't wear them when going out.

GAS PRICES
Gas is between $1.99 to $2.04 (May 23, 2005)

SCENTS
I love MaryKay's Journey; Coty's Sand & Sable (Jaba's allergic so I can't wear it), Exclamation, L'Origan; Gardenia; Raffinee'

My favorite, by far, is Coty's L'Origan

Others that I've tried and like in oder of preference
Journey
Raffinee'
Gardenia
Love's Baby Soft
Sand & Sable
Exclamation

For the most part, anything with Sandalwood in it really appeals to my senses.

I allow the youngest to wear a spritz of whatever I'm wearing, which is generally soap and deoderant as of late. My favorite frangrance on a child before the tweener's age is Love's Baby Soft. I'm letting Cynthia choose the fragrance that she wants to wear now. But I chose it until she was 10 or 11. Mostly because I didn't want her to smell like a tramp or "old lady"

IN SEARCH OF A GOOD BOOK

Have you read the Left Behind series?

I like legal, political & medical thrillers; science fiction (almost all of the genre); ...

Tom Clancy
Nicholas Sparks
John Grisham
Michael Crichton
David Baldacci
Robin Cook
Ken Follett
Janette Oke
Lonesome Gods by Louis Lamour
Gilbert Morris (I've loved everything that I've read by him)

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY 2005
I can't believe it but I got all 5 of mine dressed and out the door to SS & church this morning. I'm going to post later on tonight about what was preached in the CrossTalk. It was quite a blessing to hear. We just finished eating and the kids are in the back yard playing--gotta let them run off some energy before naptime. My head and nose are showing the signs of a sinus pressure headache trying to escape and I wanted hopped on to wish everyone a HMD before taking a much needed nap myself. Jaba had to work this morning, but he gets off at 2pm so hopefully he'll let me rest a bit.

My Mom worked last night so I won't call her until after 4pm to wish her a HMD.

I'm going to call my sisters after I finish here and wish them a HMD and invite them to the StarWars III premiere for 12:01am Wednight/early Thursdayam. Our Aunt Cindy who died just a little over 5 years ago took us to 4,5&6 as kids and I think it would be a great way for us to get together and honor her as our honorary Mom. She never had children of her own but made us doubly blessed by her constant presence in our lives.

MOTORCYCLES, MOPS & ALLERGIC REACTIONS
We just got home from the ER (it's 3:45am). Mary-Jo got hit by a motorcycle this afternoon Shock. The 3 oldest left the yard after being told not to. Our neighbor's son that lives 2 doors down got a child's motorbike for Christmas and was riding it in his yard. Earlier he had driven through my yard. I immediately went out and told his sister that I didn't want him driving it through because I didn't want him to accidentally run over anyone or rutting up my muddy yard. Wouldn't you know my worst fear came to fruition. The mom was just terrified and said that the bike was gone. I was actually pretty calm. I looked at Mary-Jo first, although her scalp was bleeding (not gushing), she was no longer crying. So then I comforted the boy and his mother and told them she's okay, but because it was a head wound that I was going to go ahead and take her to the emergency room just to make sure. Thankfully she doesn't have any broken bones, nor is she experiencing a concussion, but she did have a gash on her head that required 2 stitches. We were in the ER waiting area from 7p-2a before we were finally called back (my longest ER visit before this even with an admittance was only 5 hours). Once we got back there it only took about 45 minutes for everything, then we were on our way to hopefully find a place open so I could get something for Mary-Jo to eat. We discovered that Taco Bell is open until 5am on Friday nights!!!

Anyway, Mary-Jo is fine, I'm fine (NOW). I just have to call the other mom in the morning to let her know that everything is okay and not to get rid of the motorcycle. The accident was not entirely her son's fault. But I will ask that if she or her son see my children coming their way that her son be required to stop the bike until they leave their yard.

No x-rays were done which really surprised me. I saw 2 softball kids get their hands x-rayed but my daughter's head/neck was not. I do think that if she had a neck injury (or fracture/breakage) that she probably would have had bruising by the time that we got back to the exam room. She was lucid and had no change in demeaner so I really was not quite as worried about her as I was when the accident first happened. She probably could have even done without the stitches, but when the doctor saw that I didn't have a problem with having them do it he went ahead. He asked if I was squeemish and I told him no, but that even if I was Mary-Jo would not have let me out of the room anyway.

Mary-jo was such a trooper. It did hurt the 4-6 times that the area was stuck to numb it for stitching, but she didn't try to move her head while it was being numbed. Nor did she cry. I explained to her that she might feel a little tugging while the doctor put a couple of stitches in but that she wouldn't feel anymore pain at all. She even laughed while the doctor was stitching her up.


I went to my monthly MOPS meeting today but had to leave early because Shelby had a severe allergic reaction. When I left the church she just had a patch on her left cheek that was about the size of 2 nickels. When I got to the doctors office about 20 minutes later (which had just closed about 10 minutes earlier) her entire face was red. Then 8 minutes later when I got to the ER her exposed arms had started to get puffy and red, too. In 45 minutes she went from one little bump to all of her exposed skin being red. Thankfully she wasn't experiencing breathing problems, but we were seen by medical personnel within 3 minutes after arrriving at the ER, then went to minor care and were jumped ahead of 4 other patients and in the patient room within 30 minutes. (MUCH better than our 7 hour wait Friday night when Mary-Jo was hit by a motorcycle and had a head injury).

She was given some benedryl and a dose of steroids (a 7 day RX for steroids) and thankfully an hour later her face and arms totally cleared up.

I probably could have brought her home and gave her some benedryl, but with the way her allergic reaction was spreading so fast, I was not about to risk some serious repercussions.

I also think that I've narrowed down where the reaction came from. Last year about this time I let her and Kurt play on the clover grass with the clover flowers and she had a similar reaction. So I think I'm going to keep her away from clover flowers for quite a while!

Took Mary-JO and Shelby to the Pedi to have stitches removed and follow-up for Shelby's allergic reaction.

Mary-Jo's cut is doing absolutely great. It tickled when the stitches were removed. Dr Denley asked me if Mary-Jo was riding the motorcycle and I said, NO! It was an 8 year old boy. He asked if the boy was hurt and I said, No. He said, isn't that the way it always is? Then as he was about to leave the exam room he was going to just say bye, but changed it and said, "well, until the next emergency..." I of course, laughed, because what else are you going to do?

For Shelby I have to keep benedryl with me at all times now because we really have no idea what caused the reaction. We've ruled out the clover flowers because Shelby played in them recently at my Mom's house and had no reaction.

Afterwards we met my Mom & Johnny at the Chinese restaurant. The kids were exceptionally good.

I had the twins in their leashes today and not once did I get a strange or mean look. I even had a lady stop her vehicle, roll the window down and tell me how precious my children were as I was walking the sidewalk at a strip mall from the dollar tree to the Chinese place. Then after we ate, Mama, the kids and I went to K-mart to look for some shoes and I had several ladies stop and tell me how beautiful Shelby is and how adorable they all looked. YOu know, it is such a relief to realize that I'm not prejudice when it comes my belief that I have beautiful, adorable, precious children. Very Happy. OH, and NOT ONE "double trouble" comment today either!!! You know they must have been when no one mentions that standard twin phrase!

It helped that Mary-Jo really didn't understand what a stitch was!!!! She never saw the syringe for the anethesising nor the stitching needle either. I did explain that would feel a couple of "ant" bites but that would be the only thing. Then when the site was numbed I told her she would feel a little bit of tugging but it would NOT hurt at all. At age 4 when you explain in advance the sensations but not explicitly how the procedure is being done my kids are pretty calm about allowing procedures. I think that nurses and doctors would have a lot less disgruntled kids if they understood that as well (some do, some don't). In fact, I've had to stop docs/nurses in their explainations a few times so that my kids would not be so scared and let me explain in terms that "I" know that they will understand, yet will not be terrified.

Shelby, OTOH, knows what happens at the doc office, the ER, blood draw clinics, etc. As soon as she sees the rooms she will start to cry and grab me like she is going to absorb into my body.


MOPS PAMPERING
Can you believe that I DIDN'T enjoy a pampering day at MOPS? We had a sort of mini business fair. People who sell Avon, MaryKay, Pampered Chef, Tupperware, ect. We also had stations where you could get your nails done, facials, handwaxing, jewely making table, and a massage therapist (5 min each).

Well, silly me, I naired my upperlip facial hair before I went so I couldn't do anything with my face otherwise it would have burned. I have a really bad habit of biting my nails so the manicuring was out and I had to leave before my number came up for the massage therapy. I did make the bracelet and sat in the rocker for the aromatherapy relaxation center, but I felt so out of place at this meeting.

I wonder if my reason for feeling so out of place is because I'm so used to giving to my kids rather than taking for myself or if it was because I don't wear make-up, don't have appropriate nails for manicuring or don't care that much about my skin to do more than washing my face and hands each day? Maybe it's because I don't like being told that you have to do this or that to keep young looking skin.

Now I'm not saying that I think women who do have those priorities are vain, because I don't. I just don't have time for that part of womanhood like I used to.

SHE'S GONNA BLOW
I have been reading a book called She's Gonna Blow by Julie Ann Barnhill. It's really good except that there's some superfalous(sp) chatter in it, too, that causes me to skim and maybe miss something that I really need to take to heart.

I am experiencing some real anger issues that I've been taking out on my husband and my children in ways that are really not healthy for them or for me. It's not healthy for them because I'm not being a good Christian witness to my husband and I'm crushing my 3 older children's spirit. They don't know who they are going to see from moment to moment.

I think a lot of it has to do with my perception of what a perfect wife and a perfect Mom should be and my absolute complete and utter failure of achieving that standard that I may never be able to meet. What I'm starting to realize is that by not staying in God's Word everyday and petitioning Him and talking to Him throughout the day for every part of my life has made me separate from God. I can't do this on my own and if I continue to hide my sins of ungodly anger against my husband or my children will only foster an increasing explosive situation where I could one day really do potential harm that I may never be able to take back.

Have any of you seen "The secret's of the Ya-Ya ??"? Except for maybe some of the mental aspects, I have done each of the acts to some degree against my children portrayed in this movie. Jaba and I even sleep in different bedrooms, not because we don't love each other, we do. But because I've made it a priority to hear my children and want to make it easier for me not to wake him up when I have to tend to them. Maybe I resent my children for removing the intimacy that I felt with Jaba before they were born? But I made that choice so I should beat myself up for that choice.

Maybe I shouldn't blame my children for wanting to sneak out a window. If I lived with a mother like me, I'd probably want to sneak out, too.

I don't know anyone in my area yet that I really can open up to the way that I have been able to do with most of ya'll. So I'm going to ask and hope that all of you will be my accountability partners while I work to try and strengthen my relationship with God, thus becoming a better wife and mother.

This is really scary for me to post this, but as I just communicated with someone, if I don't and continue to hide this, I feel that things could just spiral so totally out of control. So here goes...I hitting the submit button

WHAT I WANNA BE WHEN I GROW UP
Have any of you had thoughts of a career change after life experiences have shown you what you are good at or enjoy?


After everything I've had to go through with my kids--giving birth vaginally and by c/s, cleaning bellybutton stubs, cleaning the peritoneal and central line catheters for Cynthia, flushing her central line, giving myself insulin shots, Alex having a cut sealed above his eye (no stitches thank God), prematurity of the twins and now Mary-Jo's stitches--I realize that I should have chosen the medical field as my career. In fact if we don't have any more children before K&S are in school, I will most likely go back to school to become either a pediatric or OB nurse or even become a Pediatrician.

It's another 4-8 years of school (I only have a little over 30 hours of college credits right now), but I think that once I finish that I should be making enough that Jaba could get a job that would just be days so he wouldn't miss all of the kid's activities. He works so many evenings and weekends now that he doesn't really get to spend quality time with the kids.

I was an apartment manager for a little over 11 years with a 2 year break in there where I was a VISTA volunteer which turned into a case manager for the homeless.

GASOLINE PRICES 4/10/05
our gas just went back down. I found it for $2.11 today. It was up to $2.29, though.

No comments: