Sunday, May 22, 2005

AWANA Award's Day

Today was AWANA (Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed) Award's Day. This is Cynthia, Alex and Mary-Jo's second year in AWANA's. All were awarded first year book awards as they did not start until the middle of the first year. Mary-Jo even earned her second year book award as she caught up on the verses that she missed during the first year.

This was also my 2nd year assisting in the Cubbies program of AWANAs. Mary-Jo sort of forced me into it because shortly after we moved to this new church she started having severe separation anxiety. It still continues to this day. I felt quite acquard the first year as I was not sure of what I needed to do to help, but this year was much better. We had a few cubbies (they are 3-5) that were quite a handful, but for the most part it was a real joy to spend time with them and shower them with love. The shower of love that we got back from the cubbies was the best part, though.

No comments: