Friday, May 27, 2005

Transferring some more

PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCE ALEX 3/5/04
I had an amazing conference with Alex's teacher. Her only "complaint" was that he won't contribute to discussion in a big group. He will discuss in smaller groups, though. She said, He's really on the verge of genius (yeah, she said genius Eek). She gave an example of how when they were in small groups discussing beginning sounds or rhyming words he will come up with unusual words including other countries and states. He really thinks outside of the box. She also said that when his group is doing manipulatives that she gives him extra puzzles to do. She said that Alex will look at what work the other children have and then will tell her that he has more (he's such a sharer--at home he makes sure that if he gets something that his sisters get some, too).

With Mary-Jo starting Pre-K next year, I sure hope he won't get into too much trouble protecting his sister. fam25


BABY SHOE SIZES
at almost 9 months,

Kurt size 3
Shelby size 2

ROLLING OVER 12/24/03
Shelby has no interest in rolling over, either. In fact she hates tummy time. In the last 2 weeks she has just started to roll to her sides from laying on her back, but will not complete the turn to her belly. My pedi told me not to worry about it as long as she has started to roll over by around 8 months (adjusted). She and Kurt are now 8 1/2 mo (7mo adjusted).

Kurt has been rolling over since he was 4 months. He has been scooting on his back since about 5 months, inchworming on his belly since 6 months and crawling, proper, since 7 1/2 months.
SLEEPING 12/21/03
K&S are definately have different sleep needs.

Shelby still sleeps about 16 hours a day.

Nighttime she sleeps 7pm-6am
She will wake up for a bottle at least once a night but goes right back to sleep.
Daytime she takes 3 naps
8-9am, 11a-2pm, 4-5pm are her approximate naptimes.

Kurt only sleeps about 13 hours a day
Nighttime he sleeps 9pm-6am
He will wake up at least 2 times a night for a bottle but usually goes back to sleep. His nighttime bottles don't mess with his daily intake either.
Daytime he takes 2 naps
9-11am and 2-4pm Sometimes he will take a short 20-30 min snooze, if I'm lucky.


WELL, as you can see, they "tag-team" nap during the day, so I really don't get any rest. The only good thing about this nap schedule is that they both get Mommy-time to theirselves. So it's not all bad.Big Grin
I just wanted to BRAG!!!

PTC 12/21/03
Cynthia had all A's again this semester!!!

asmil09 asmil09 beerchug clapping Party Eek 1luvyu High-Five bigok bow2 banana biggreen

Alex is progressing well in Kindergarten. The teacher said the only thing he really needs any improvement on is to contribute to "groups" cause he's really smart (HER WORDS!!!!) For example, if they are discussing a subject he will just sit there quietly and not give his opinion. I personally don't see anything wrong with this, cause he sure talks about it when he gets home. I think he's just soaking up the information and putting it into perspective before talking about it. There is something to be said for listening and NOT talking.

MASTERING THE ART OF CARRYING TWO 12/20/03
Although I did have some pervious experience of holding 2, they were 2 years apart so the older one was able to assist me by climbing up and holding on at the same time.

I only dropped Shelby 3 times before I got the hang of it.

HUGGIES & PAMPERS TWIN FREEBIES!!! 11/03/03
I sent off my letter w/ birth certificate to Kimberly-Clark and P&G about 3 weeks ago.

Today I got an envelope from both of them!

asmil09 asmil09 I got all of the following: asmil09 asmil09

$5.00 off Pampers
$1.00 off Pampers Bibsters
$1.00 off Pampers Wipes
One hard cardboard book with pictures of animals
They spent .95 in postage to send it to me.

$3.00 off Huggies diapers
$3.00 off Huggies diapers
$1.00 off Huggies diapers
$1.00 off Huggies diapers
$ .50 off Huggies baby wipes
$ .50 off Huggies baby wipes
They spent .53 in postage to send it to me

Also Kimberly Clark was nice enough to return my Birth Certificate copies.


So I'd say the .74 that I spent to mail them a request was well worth my time--and my babies not-so-tiny-anymore hineys Big Grin

CRUSTY EYES 11/02/03
Not only was her eyelid swollen and red, but she also had that yellowy-green gunk that was coming out of her eye. What I did--so as not to continually rub her eye--was use J&J foaming babywash on a soft baby washcloth drenched w/ warm water to moisten and remove the crusty stuff. It just so happened that she never had anymore gunk build up and her eye improved drastically within the next 2-4 hours. I also massaged her tear duct in that eye from the middle of her nose down to the tearduct as suggested by my pedi for similar previous eye problems with my other children.

No comments: