Friday, May 27, 2005

Transferring more cont.

AL SOILING/CYNTHIA SCOLIOSIS & HUS
While the kids were out for Spring/Easter Break, I took them to the Pedi. Alex because he is still soiling and wetting during the day and night. Cynthia because the school said that she had a 6 out of 10 for scoliosis (as we were at the Pedi's she was also suffering from allergies).

Alex, first....Dr. Denley feel that it is a mental thing with him, not something physically wrong. So he prescribed Imipramine, which is a temporary treatment to help decrease bedwetting.

Cynthia...We had x-rays done and it was determined that she does have a 4 out of 10 degree of scoliosis. Exercises were prescribed and follow-up every 6 months. She is also now taking Zyrtec once a day for her allergies.

We are going to go back soon for Cynthia, though, because after reading on another board about someone who had e-coli induced Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome and was having problems with pregnancy. So I started doing some serious researching and found very little about the pregnancy after HUS, but a lot about how her kidneys could continue to have some serious side effects later in life that could be helped if regular check-ups (at least every 5 years) were done. When we had our last check up in August 99 in Salt Lake, Dr. Siegler told us that she was fine. BUt after reading the studies, I'm not going to risk her future health by not having her watched to make sure that her kidneys continue to function properly.

WHAT IS HUS?
Thank you for asking (and for prayers). Yes, Cynthia was the one we almost lost in Nov 97 to e-coli (diahrrea) induced HUS. Her primary treatment was done at Tulane Hospital in New Orleans. But we went to SLC (and I think it was the Primary Children's Hospital...is that at the university?) to have follow-up to make sure that her recovery was as good as it appeared. However, everything I'm reading now about long term renal outcome in diahrrea associated HUS (which has mostly come out in studies during the last 5 years) says that follow-up should be done at a minimum of every five years.

The most recent newsworthy Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome story in the papers/news is the Florida Petting Zoos at 3 different fairs e-coli outbreak.

I don't know that Cynthia will want to have children someday, but if she does, then she needs to know the risks before hand so she and her husband can make not only a heart-felt decision, but also one with the medical "facts" as well.


RESULTS: Cynthia's scoliosis is only a 4 (out of 10) but she has to do exercises and follow up visits every 6 months to make sure it doesn't get worse. Her kidney tests came out normal, PTL!!! I just have to remember to have her retested in 5 years (she'll be 17 Shock )

OVERWHELMED TO THE POINT OF BURN-OUT
After hearing Mommy/Mama/Mom for the umpteenth time about 3 weeks ago, I finally just told them that I was chaning my name and that I wasn't going to tell them what I was changing it to.

By the end of 3 months and then again at year 2 with each of my children, I go through a period of where I am just totally feel wiped out, like I just have nothing left to give to the children or to my husband. It wasn't quite so bad with Cynthia because she was an only child for 5 1/2 years, but when they are back to back (2 or 3 years apart) the whole of Motherhood seems to take a real toll on me. Things have gotten better lately because Jaba is realizing (after many heated discussions) that I have to recharge my batteries. Even if it means that I only get 1 hour to go out without a child or to sleep with the tv on to drown out children during the day for 3 hours.

Lately, Jab's encouraged me to go and spend time with my SIL or my Mama on his days off. Sometimes I even will spend the night away. I can't say that I'm fully charged when I come back, but for the most part the charge is what I needed to get me through until the next "day off".

I think a lot of Mom's put up a good front of perfection. But please know that there is not one out there who is even close.




I've been humming that tune for most of the day (Mar 15, 2005)...

People get ready, Jesus is coming, soon we'll be going home
People get ready, Jesus is coming, to take from the world His own

....for two reasons, first for the truth of the song. Second because my SIL is taking the 3 oldest kids and I to 6 Flags New Orleans this weekend.

We've been getting ready for 2 weeks now. My SIL bought herself a new vehicle. Then we loaded up the air mattress for the kids to sleep on at the hotel. Today we took 2 highchairs and the extra playpen to my sister's house (she lives 50 miles away). Tomorrow after MOPS, I'm taking the twins to their 2yo well-baby visit with the Pedi (don't wanna give Micki any reason to back out of babysitting). Wednesday, I'll pack clothes for the twins. Thursday, I'll pack for Cynthia, Al, Mary-Jo and myself. Then Friday my SIL will be coming back into town after 4 nights of nursing. She has an 11am mammogram, then will come to my house to load up clothes. We then will pick Cynthia and Al up an hour before school is out (2pm) and head to MIcki's to drop off the twins. Then we will be off to NO (New Orleans) for a weekend of R&R!


BIBLE VERSIONS
I really don't think it matters which version of God's Holy Word is used. The only person who will have to answer for taking away or adding to God's Word in a version is the person editing that particular version. IMO any of the versions used today could have words that are added or taken away, but God can and will use any version He wants to draw us closer to Him. He is the only one who can reveal His Word to us, so I leave it up to God to speak to the individual as He will.

I personally prefer the KJV for myself because it's the version I grew up with, but I will also read the text in the NKJV, the Holman CSB (Sunday School), and the NIV.

The one thing about having so many versions is that I believe more than ever that people have no excuse for not reading God's Word.

"BUT GOD" MOMENT (3/2/05)
The message we heard was "Have you experienced a "But God" moment in your life." But to be totally honest with all of you, I didn't hear most of the message as I was praying for a lady in my SS class who beared her heart in our home study group that she was "searching". We had a full house Sunday morning because we had Upward Basketball recognition along with Baptism of 3 people. So she was sitting up on the second row and I was praying that God would put the "author of confusion" out of the sanctuary and that when it came time for the altar call that all the reasons of doubt and hinderences of pride and shame would leave so that she would step out. She didn't, but PRAISE GOD, my daughter came to me (she sat with her basketball teammates) and asked me if it was okay to go up to ask to be baptized. I know that she has had a heart for the Lord for as long as I can remember, but she was finally no longer scared to let "the whole world" know that she has repented of her sin and accepted Jesus as her Lord and SAvior. I was so full of joy and thankfulness that even though Tammy (the lady I was praying for) passed on the opportunity that God called my daughter to Him.

And for those of you who read my E&J forum thread, you already know what I just wrote, but the jubilation is so great it was worth sharing twice (and expanding a bit, too).


CYNTHIA ASKED TO GET BAPTIZED!!! (2/27/05)
Cynthia made a profession of Faith and asked to get Baptised today at church! Pray

Last night at our SS Bible Study meeting, we had one of the ladies pour her heart out to us that she was searching. Our whole Sunday School class was there sharing with her. She didn't do anything about it last night, but this morning during service she was sitting on the second row. Services were quite full this morning so it was really the only place left to sit. Well, I was praying for her the whole service and even harder during the invitation part of our service. Well, God answered my prayers, but he led my daughter to want to go down to ask to be baptised. I've been talking with her about this for a while, but she has been scared to go down and make a public profession of faith. Praise God, He gave her a huge helping of faith and courage!

Okay, I'm still bawling because I'm so happy.


RELIGIOUS WORTHY
I grew up in the church. I accepted Jesus as my Saviour at a very young age (I was 5). LIke Job, I had a hedge around me. It's easy to serve God when you are a kid and have support all around you in all directions. About the time that I left home to go to college, that hedge was removed. I have quite a lot of "book knowledge" about the Bible, but applying it to my life is a totally different animal altogether. It's not easy living a Christian life. It's something that I believe you have to make the decision to do every single day. Most days I am an utter failure.

I feel much as Paul does....

Struggling With Sin Romans 7: 7-25
7What shall we say, then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! Indeed I would not have known what sin was except through the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, “Do not covet.” 8But sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, produced in me every kind of covetous desire. For apart from law, sin is dead. 9Once I was alive apart from law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died. 10I found that the very commandment that was intended to bring life actually brought death.

11For sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, deceived me, and through the commandment put me to death. 12So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous and good. 13Did that which is good, then, become death to me? By no means! But in order that sin might be recognized as sin, it produced death in me through what was good, so that through the commandment sin might become utterly sinful.

14We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15I do not understand what I do. [b]For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[c] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do–this I keep on doing. 20Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22For in my inner being I delight in God's law; 23but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. 24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25Thanks be to God–through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.


HOW GOOD DO YOU HAVE TO BE?
I believe that a lot of the times I ask for things that may not be the best for me at the time when I ask for them. My desires may not be what He has richly planned for me. I sometimes wonder how much joyful my life would have been if I had always turned to God for each decision that I have made without consulting Him. I think if God granted me all of my wishes and the things that I want, I'd would probably not have a true understanding of who is in control. It's NOT me, it's God. He is the "audience of one" that we are to praise and worship and to follow. We are to find our desires in Him.

Boy, it sure is hard to live every second of everyday what you preach, because I can spew this forth, but living it on a daily basis is quite another matter altogether.



MARY-JO'S EAR ON VALENTINE'S DAY
Well Mary-Jo and I went to the ENT today. We got all dressed up, Mary-Jo in a red dress with black tights and her pretty dress black shoes and I in my blue jean skirt and a striped top. We seldom get to go out just Mary-Jo and I together so because we were going to the doctor I decided that we'd have a dress-up day.

While there I met a friend that I only see once a year...She's really more my middle sister's friend. About 45 minutes later we finally get called into the back. The nurse practitioner took a look in her ear and ruled out the object being a rock as it was a nice shade of pink. She wasn't sure if she'd be able to get the object out as the probability of it being a bead was quite high but she decided to try anyway.

After about 5 minutes of a pressured warm water stream flowing into Mary-Jo's ear, the object moved up the ear canal to the edge of the ear so that the NP could remove it with another tool. We were both peeling with laughter when we saw what it was.....(especially considering what today is)....anybody care to guess?

ETA...I told the NP that they could keep it as we didn't wanna have to wait a whole year to come back!)
AND THE ANSWER IS...
How appropriate that a pretty pink heart shape bead was removed from her ear on Valentine's day!

We had a good time together. She got to fix my hair at the dr's office with a scarf that she brought and we ate powdered donuts and milk for breakfast. Oh, and then we had to take a quick trip to Alex's school to bring a clean change of clothes. She enjoyed just being alone with Mama and getting ALL of my attention.

C
YNTHIA PLAYED AWESOME BASKETBALL TODAY (2/5/05)
Just got back from Cynthia's basketball game and I just have to brag...I cried twice I was so choked up with pride (I know one of those "deadly" sins). The most baskets that she has made in a game has been 2. Today she made 2 in the first half and 7 or 8 in the second half (they are 18 minute halfs). The final score was 63-43 and Cynthia's team won.

No comments: