Thursday, May 19, 2005

Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith

First, I have to say that I'm a huge Star Wars fan so my view could definately be tainted. I bought my ticket 3 weeks ago to attend the 12:01am premiere tonight. There were 5 screens showing (in a 14 screen theater) and all of them were packed. Thankfully I got in line around 10:05pm (I ended up being the 73-76th person in line) because by 10:30 the line was 5 people across and all the way around the theater building. We had quite a few people who dressed in SW's garb. I certainly have missed being in packed theaters, because having so many in the theater made it just that more exciting to watch! Now, on with the review. I won't reveal any details or spoilers

Great movie! Excellent action! space battles are exceptional. Interesting, edge of your seat saber confrontations. Storyline is cohesive.

A lot of the living characters (non-robotic) that were killed, especially the bloody ones are shown only up to the point right before the death blow. However, the PG-13 rating definately needs to be considered for parents who have children that want to see ROTS as the transformation for the Sith and Darth Vader are quite horrific, yet not to the point of a horror movie.

The scenes between Anakin and Padme are much more believable than in I & II.

Finally....for those who have twins, how could you not go and see the movie where Luke and Leia are born?


I sure wish I could read or see a movie for the time period between the twins' birth--it would mostly be about Leia as she becomes a Rebel Leader--and SW: A new beginning.

No comments: