Monday, May 16, 2005

downsizing

After a whole week of asking the kids to clean their room and having no results, I decided to keep Cynthia and Al home from school and make the 3 oldest do the work.

I gave them 10 minutes to finish the room this morning. After 10 minutes I went back in and still there was no results. So being the mean mommy that I am, I made them go and get garbage bags. I stayed in the room with them and made them throw everything away except the clothes, shoes, hangers and books that were on the floor. Five large black garbage bags later, they now have a clean room and only 2-3 toys left each.

While they were doing their final touches on the room, I weeded out the baby toys and cleaned K&S's room.

OUr next project is to store all the winter clothes. It's going to be a loooooog day, but hopefully at the end I'll have a much cleaner and livable home.

No comments: