Thursday, June 30, 2005

Blazing a trail with the toilet saddle

Well we are now on day 3 of potty training. The first day was just the introductory phase to the potty. I have a soft seat insert that I used with Cynthia when she was potty training. Yes, the seat is 11 years old, but my policy is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" Kurt was a little scared to sit on the potty but after the 2nd time of being able to put a little toilet paper in the toilet and saying bye-bye to the "yucky" along with my showing extreme excitement he is all about the potty for now. So far the only thing entering the potty is a little toilet paper, but today's last trip to the potty looked promising. Shelby, who is always wet, wanted to go to the potty and was still dry. She didn't go in the potty, but about 5 minutes after we left the potty she came back to me to go to the potty and had a wet diaper. So I'm thinking they are really learning what we are trying to accomplish.

Wish us luck as we blaze a trail with the toilet saddle!

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Sounds like they are putting the pieces together. I cannot wait to hear about their progress.

anissa said...

The title of this post is hilarious! Good job on getting started with potty training, it sounds like they are catching on!