Monday, June 13, 2005

An Alex baby story

When I found out I was pregnant with Mary-Jo, I decided to get my hair cut short so that all I'd have to do was wash and go. What I didn't realize was that you had to get it cut at least every 6-8 weeks otherwise the "look" you were hoping to have disappeared rapidly.

Back to the story...when I came home from the hairdresser's Alex started calling me Daddy. He called me Daddy for nearly 6 months. That just goes to show you that even children at early as age 18 months know gender and have a steriotypical mindset of what Mama's and Daddy's are suppose to look like--at least their Mama and Daddy anyway.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

That is so cute. You have such cute children.

Anonymous said...

LOL! That is SO funny!!!!

I have a similar story. After I had AJ I cut my long permed hair (it was waist length) and it ws above the shoulders. Gabby cried and told me to get it back and Maddy took one look and said "Mommy, you got poofed!"

Alex seems like he was trying to tell you to get your long hair back. lol