Sunday, June 05, 2005

Movie night

When Jaba gets an evening off he generally encourages me to go out and do something on my own. Tonight I went to the movies. I saw Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith for the 4th time and I also watched Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I really, really liked Sisterhood. The only thing I didn't like about it, though, was the parent/guardian with the crying baby behind me. So I finally walked out about midway through and asked for a replacement movie pass. I then went to it again at the next scheduled time and had 3 ladies sitting behind me that could NOT stop talking & jingling keys. Then one of them answered their cell phone. OH! I was just so irritated. But I was not about to lose a whole night so I did my best to ignore their impoliteness.

For those curious about Sisterhood, I would take my 12 year old daughter to it, but I don't think I'd take her if she was 9 or 10. There is no nudity. I did really like how the whole story line for that part of the movie was played out, though. I don't know if husbands would like this movie, it's definately a chick flick. However, I like the underlying morality and family values of the movie. If you see it, I hope that you will understand what I'm trying to convey (without giving spoilers).


I MOWED THE BACK FENCED IN PART

But that was all I got to before Cynthia came and told me that she saw a snake (it was black and yellow striped, length wise, not like a coral snake). That was enough mowing for me! I hate push mowing. I'd much rather speed by on my riding lawn mower!!! I will probably go back out tomorrow after church and mow at least my whole front yard, though. Then Monday, I hope to do the outside-of-the-fence backyard. My lever for turning on my riding lawnmower's blades stopped working on me shortly after I completed my last mow about 3 weeks ago. I was really bummed!

Sorry about the scatter-brainedness of this post. Hopefully, I'll collect my thoughts a little better before my next blog update.

No comments: