Saturday, June 25, 2005

Naptime woes

I have 2 totally opposite babies when it comes to naptime or night-night time. Shelby wants to be totally left alone in a bed all by herself and Kurt wants to be in bed right slap up against you or even under you. About 50% of the time Kurt will remain in his bed, but the other 50% he is either screaming at the bedroom door to come out or I hear Shelby having a screaming "me-me" fit because he has climbed into her crib. Yes, she is still in her crib at almost 28 months and I see no end in sight. She may still sleep in her crib when she's 4 or 5! Kurt started climbing out and into the crib (his and Shelby's) when he was between 15-17 months. Other than when Kurt climbs into her crib, Shelby loves to go down for her nap & down for night-night. She will lay there patiently while Kurt is screaming at the door. The only time she gets upset is when I finally relent and go get Kurt if he is still screaming at the 20 minute mark. If she is still away, oops, awake, she gets jealous that he has been let out of the room.

I've read a lot of posts by my friends with twins that share about their twins wanting to sleep together or how they will find one on top of the other sometimes I can't help but be jealous. However, when my 2 are awake they are the lovingness little siblings ever. They love to hug and kiss each other and for the most part share and play really well together. They only have a few "love" bites and "love" hits every so often.

I rarily edit but away and awake just did not fit at all. I even had to go back and think about what I wrote before I figured it out.

No comments: