Friday, June 03, 2005

KEY'S PARK

We just got back from the park. I stopped and got bread, sliced turkey, green grapes, cheetos, and bottled water for a picnic supper. The kids played hard, but I think I played harder keeping everyone in sight. Thankfully, Kurt and Shelby like to make sure that I'm in view, but even if they didn't the park only has 3 places that I have to keep an eye out for--a bridge over a creek (there is a fence that runs along the creek so no access to it, but the bridge guardrail has a XXXX pattern instead of an IIIIII pattern and the kids can squeeze through the X's), and 2 entry/exits.

Shelby cracked me up when we got there. She saw the play area but got fighting mad when we didn't go straight towards it. There was a fence in the way so we had to go away from it to get to the gate. She fought me the whole way around until we got about 10 steps through the gate. Then it was like a horse race..."and there off!!!!"

While they were playing on the climbing structures, I rinsed the grapes in the drinking fountain ( I cheated, the main reason K&S wanted to stay near me is because they love grapes and I doled them out slowly during the whole time that we were there). About 20 minutes after we had been there we sat and ate our sandwiches. Then off to playing again. We really lucked out because there were just a few other families there and they were the kind that didn't just sit there while the kids played. There were 2 dads (one with 2 kids, the other with 4), a grandparent with a grandson, 2 mom's with 2 children each, and 2 mom & dad sets with 2 children each. There were no fights between any of the children because the majority of the parents were involved. This is one of the few times that I've been when the parents didn't all just sit on the benches doing their own thing. It was GREAT!

1 comment:

Sandi said...

That sounds like a great time! Glad that you and the kids were able to get out and have some fun!