Monday, July 04, 2005

Let the Colors Fly

Last night we had an Ice cream social and fireworks at church. There were about 30 different homemade ice cream flavors (although I don't know who won) served then around 9:15 p we all went outside and let the colors fly.

The biggest part of the night is that I let myself relax rather than be my usual mother hen on patrol. Shelby quickly found the drink table so she only traipse back and forth from that location to where we were seated and I let her do it without me hovering over her. Kurt did take off a few times but I was able to catch up to him before he got out of sight. I even let Cynthia get out of my sight to go with her friends to watch the fireworks.

After we finished eating ice cream (well, Shelby drank) we headed outdoors and found a spot to sit and watch. After watching for about 10 minutes, Mary-Jo laid down so she didn't have to crook her neck and Shelby quickly followed suit. Kurt on the otherhand held onto me as if his life depended on it. I asked him if he was scared and he quickly learned a new word and repeatedly told me he was scared during the really loud firepops for the next 30 minutes.

Overall we had a really good time in a great Christian atmosphere!

No comments: