Wednesday, July 27, 2005

My house is presentable today

It's not perfect, there is still lots of places that I could declutter. My entertainment center, the computer desk, the china cabinet, the bed with all the clean clothes on it could all use some attention, but I'm satisfied. The kitchen is clean, the diningroom is clean, 3 of the 4 bedrooms are clean, the bathrooms are clean and the livingroom is clean. I've also washed 4 loads of clothes, but there are about 15 left to go including linens for 8 beds. However, I'm finished with laundry until late tonight as the heat index is not to pretty today.

Why is my house clean? Well my Aunt Debby, Uncle Howard and cousin Zachary are coming into town today. They are originally from Concord, CA, but are moving across country to North or South Carolina. However, after 4 hours yesterday and 5 today of cleaning, I'm just done. They are not coming to inspect how clean I keep the house, they are here to see my family.

I do hope to declutter some of the spots that need it before we leave on vacation. It will be really nice to come home to a clean house after a 2 week vacation. Maybe Jaba will finish putting the floor down in our bathroom and even get the toilet set! That would be wonderful to be able to start using our master bath!

No comments: