Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Mary-Jo had me all to herself

Jaba got off early today (around 2pm). The twins had just been put down for a nap so I decided to spend an afternoon just with her. First, we brought my Mom's gasoline container back to her house then we headed off and did everything that Mary-Jo wanted to do (with a little guidance of course). We went to the zoo where she got to decide the paths to take and how long we spent at each exhibit. Then we went to my SIL's house so she could play with six 3 week dachsund puppies. Afterwards she chose Taco Bell for supper. Then she helped me clean out Mama's van because her Meme & brother are returning from vacation tomorrow. We were hot after that so we headed to TCBY for Wednesday Waffle Cone night. She got rainbow and I had white chocolate mousse. By this time it was 7pm, but as we were approaching her favorite park (Key's Park) she asked if we could stop so since it was her evening and it was still light I told her we'd stop for about 30 minutes. She got to swing so she was happy. Finally, just as it was starting to sprinkle, we loaded up for our last trip and headed home.

Tomorrow, Jaba is off, so I told Mary-Jo that I'd take her to the library tomorrow morning. Then we are going to Mama's house to watch my sister's children while my sister mows Mama's yard before they arrive home. Tomorrow evening Mary-Jo and her 2 cousins are spending the night at Meme's house. So today and tomorrow was and is going to be a big fun day for her.

Edited to add...Oh, I forgot. We also stopped at the everything's a dollar store and got her some paint and brushes so she can paint on the big brown paper (the kind you use to wrap boxes for the mail). She is so excited that she will get to paint when the babies are sleeping!

No comments: