Monday, July 04, 2005

Cynthia left for 4H camp

Well, I am now down to 3. Alex left on Thursday to go on vacation with my Mom & Johnny. And now I just returned from bidding farewell to my oldest child who left for 4H camp. She has 2 cameras and specific instructions to make sure SHE is in the photos. Hopefully I'll be able to share those when she returns early Friday morning. It was a lot harder last year to let her go as it was her first overnight trip away from family. She had gone on many vacation trips with Mama and Johnny since she was 2, but last year was a big step for me to rely on those not related to me to handle her with care. It still was not easy this year, but I since she came back last year fairly unharmed (she ended up with swimmer's ear) I wasn't quite as on edge and ready to load her back up in the van and take her home.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

So glad that she is able to go. Camp can be such a wonderful time for children. I cannot wait to see the pics :)

Sandi said...

So glad that she is able to go. Camp can be such a wonderful time for children. I cannot wait to see the pics :)