Tuesday, July 12, 2005

I am so in love with my children and their love for Jesus. They are constantly making up their own songs about Jesus and God. I need to get a recording tape deck so that I can record all of their lyrics and melodies.

Today, when I went to meet my step-sister, Nancy, to drop of Cynthia for a Nazarene Church Camp, Cynthia and Mary-Jo began singing some of the VBS Ramblin' Road Trip songs (the link give you a list of the songs and you can hear them, too). Mary-Jo's favorite song is "Raise some Praise". Cynthia's favorite is "The Heartland". My favorite is "We Believe".

After we dropped Cynthia off, MSK & I headed to McDonald's playland, then the city park & the zoo before heading home. During each "road trip", though, Mary-Jo started making up her own songs. Her lyrics on the way home were "Jesus died on the cross for my sins, Jesus loves me, I love Jesus." There were some more lyrics but I can't remember all of them.

It's times like these that I realize that for all that I do wrong while trying to parent my children, I must be doing something right for them to just start bursting out in song, praising Jesus. In fact, during these times my heart comes close to bursting out of my chest.

No comments: