Monday, December 12, 2005

Lots and Lots of Washing

I am down to about 7-8 loads of laundry you wear and 4 loads of linens (including curtains). I have been one lean mean (well, I'm not lean and I really haven't been mean--this time) washing machine these last 2 days. I've washed nearly every stitch in the house. I've also weeded out some clothes for Mindy's youngest, Marcy; Micki's oldest daughter, Breanna; for a church friend (Angela) with a daughter 3 years younger than Cynthia; and for the Salvation Army. I've kept just a few items for Mary-Jo, Kurt and Shelby to grow into for '06--about one large plastic container with lid.

Let's see, Mindy got 2 plastic totes, Micki got 3 plastic totes, Angela's daughter got 2 plastic totes and the Salvation Army is going to be recieving 6 plastic totes, so far. Unfortunately, I had lots of stained and small ripped clothing that I ended up getting rid of, too. I wish I had the storage and the time to make quilts out of all of those unwearable clothing. I bet the kids would love to have family heirloom quilts made out of clothes that they and their parents wore while they were growing up. I've gotta go and get those patterns and the quilt holder (it goes up on the ceiling) from my Grandma so I can get to doing that!

You must be asking yourself, "Does she have any clothes left for the kids to wear?" Of course! Two neighbors blessed our family with clothes for Cynthia, Al, Mary-Jo and Kurt. I just need to find someone with a daughter that is a year bigger than Shelby and I will be set.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

That is quite a bit of laundry! I did the same yesterday and I feel so much better now. I know you are feeling the same. :)

MsKnow said...

Wow Mar! That's quite an accomplishment! Maybe next time you can mosey on down to my house and do the same?