Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Am I useless in the Kingdom of Heaven?

Sunday's sermon was the last in a series on angels by our pastor.

Two things he said really hit me. First, for the believer, Satan and his minions are constantly asking how can I make this believer USELESS in the Kingdom of Heaven. Boy was I convicted and started questioning myself. I am a believer, I was saved when I was 5 almost 6. For the first 12 years, I was certainly a light shining quite brightly. After that, there were a few years where my light was hidden completely and only uncovered briefly. It saddens me beyond belief that I have not been a beacon for some in my family. I especially hope that I have not been useless in my witness to my children. I fail miserable, daily, in pointing to Jesus in my daily walk for them.

Second, our pastor did an example word association test with us where you say the opposite word, for example: good=bad, day=night, sun=moon, up=down. Then he said "God" and but didn't ask us to say an opposite because, Hallelujah! There is no opposite to God. God created Lucifer/Satan. We already know the end of the story (Revelations). GOD WINS!

No comments: