Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Laundry down; Toys to go

I've finally washed every stitch of clothes & linens (including rugs) in my house. I've only stored one tote that combines some clothes for Mary-Jo, Kurt and Shelby to wear next year.

Right now there is only 3 very small partial loads (whites, darks, towels) that is from what we wore or used today. So that means 3 loads to wash tomorrow evening.

I told Sandi, today, that this seems to be a seasonal thing for me because I will let laundry pile up on me and go through a laundry catch-up period like this about once every 3-6 months.

My next project to tackle is toys! I'm going to keep all the cars & trains for Kurt & Alex , all the horses/ponys for Kurt, Shelby & Mary-Jo, and most of the purses for Mary-Jo Cynthia, Mary-J0 & Shelby. Everything else is gone. I plan to send all the stuffed animals to Dawn and all the toys in excellent condition to the Hope House (for battered women & their children). The rest of the toys are headed for the landfill.

I hope I can talk my husband into just 3-5 gifts for each child this year. I'd like for it to be more like 1 or 2 because they get so much from the relatives on both sides. What I'd really like to do is build a combined clubhouse/storage shed for them.

No comments: