Sunday, December 18, 2005

I smelled Smoke!

My first thought was, "ALEX! Where's the match!" However, it wasn't Alex...this time, anyway. I guess I've been putting the washer through the ringer this last week, because it was the culprit of the smell of smoke/fire. I think we caught it in time, though. It may just need some simple repairs. So for the rest of this week, I'll be using my Mom's and my SIL's washer & dryer so I can keep up and not have the laundry pile up on me.

Jaba has been very appreciative of the way the house has been looking these last 2 weeks. He's even helping me do things that I ask for him to do without griping. It does help that I ask him the day or night before and also that I'm either helping him with the job or doing other work in the house at the same time. I'm just as thrilled that my children are starting to actually complete the small jobs that I've asked them to do as well. I do have to keep them on task and it sometimes takes them 30-45 minutes to do a 5-8 minute chore like folding towels or cleaning off the table after a meal.

I don't know why it's taken me 13 years to learn how to do this, but if it makes my husband happy, then I'm willing to keep at it.

No comments: