Saturday, September 17, 2005

Musical Instruments

I heard Cynthia and her best friend, Taylor, talking about band at the beginning of the second week of school. Taylor was expressing her desire to enroll in band and that she wanted to play flute. Well, I have 2 flutes so I told her to get permission from her mom first and that I would let her use one. If after this year she wanted to continue in band when she gets to high school, I told her that she could have it.

Band was such an intergral part of my life that I am happy to be able to share and pass it on to the next generation.

Cynthia is still playing her clarinet. However, we are going to have to have some repairs made to it as she has left it out and the younger kids messed with it. We've gotten an estimate of $90.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

That is wonderful! Sounds like such a great thing to share the music.

Anonymous said...

That is so great! I firmly believe every child should gain some experience in music and at the very least learn to read it. I am looking into in-home music lessons for the kids. Gabby wants to play flute. :) (I also played flute in grade school)