Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

I spent some special time with the kids today. I took them to McDonald's playland for a couple of hours after we cleaned the house today in preparation for their two cousins to spend Sunday night with them. We went for two reasons. First, Darlene (SIL) asked me to pick up supper for my FIL as she needed to sleep today to go to work tonight. Second, It's easier to keep a clean house if you are NOT IN IT!!!

Afterwards, I took them to Mama's house so I could wash laundry (my washer is out of commission). She and my step-dad are sick. So the kids all played outside for a couple hours while I helped put away most of the Christmas decor between washing my 8 loads of laundry. By 7:30 I still was not finished with laundry, so I took the kids home, put Kurt and Shelby down for the night. Then I set Mary-Jo and Al up to watch the fireworks out their bedroom window to watch the neighbors fire them off. Afterwards, they watched the Scooby-Doo movie until Jab got home from work around 10pm. I finished my laundry around 1:45am and then loaded up and crept home while keeping an eye out for drunks.

It's not our usual NYE. However, Jab & my SIL are off work and the kids got an extra day off from school on Monday, so we will be doing our celebration with that side of the family on Jan 2nd.

I hope all my net friends had a nice NYE and I pray that all of you are blessed with much happiness throughout 2006.

No comments: