Thursday, January 19, 2006

Pray for my FIL

We were told some devistating news on Monday. My FIL, Al, has lost his battle with cancer. It started as prostate cancer, then spread to the bone. It was responding well to treatment, but in the last 3 weeks his PSA's increased dramatically so my SIL took him in on Monday for some tests. The cancer has spread to his kidneys with no hope for recovery. He is now at home (my SIL's) and is in hospice care. However, hospice care does not mean that he is cared for 24-7 or even 8 hours a day. The only care not provided by family is about 7 1/2 hours a week, M-F.

Please pray for our family as we go through this final journey with my FIL. He is my "Dad" and I love him as such. I probably won't be posting anymore to this blog until he has passed on.

2 comments:

MsKnow said...

Mar and Jaba, I am so sorry to hear of this devistating news. May the peace of God rest on you during these final days with your father and may each moment with him be sweet.

Sandi said...

Mar may you and Jaba find peace in this final chapter in Al's life. I know how much he means to you and how much he will mean to the redeemer.