Friday, November 25, 2005

Thanksgiving movie night

After Thanksgiving Dinner I took the 3 oldest children to see Yours, Mine & Ours (link is review by pluggedin online a division of Focus on the Family). The one thing that is not mentioned in the negative part of the review is that the one child seems to be played as a prepubescent homosexual. This is the child, Lau, that the mom states that, “No one will ever doubt you’re my son.” It was not really an in your face thing, but more of an inference on my part at least. For the most part, though, it's a really positive movie (and remake at that) about large families. My favorite part is how the Dad's actual statement about "pretend you like each other until you do" really happens. All of my children, especially Alex and Mary-Jo, laughed hysterically throughout the movie. I certainly agree with Tom Neven's conclusion that "It’s refreshing to see a story that so strongly supports intact families, and both parents and children learn important lessons about love, patience and the law of unintended consequences."

The kids were so excited they could hardly sit still, but thankfully most of the other children were just as excited. I wish I could take the kids to see more movies, but Hollywood just doesn't seem to produce enough seemingly wholesome pictures to view--especially those without animation.

No comments: