Sunday, November 20, 2005

The blue lights behind me

Ya'll I was stopped by the police!!! I was asked to step out of the vehicle and go to the back. I was resigned to getting a speeding ticket as I was going about 57 in a 50 mph zone. But I was stopped because my right tail light and license plate light was broken.

I didn't know about either and told the officer that my husband who works at Ball Foods usually drives the truck and I usually drive the suburban, but that it was in the shop. He then asked me what my husband's name was. Thankfully, he knew my husband (he was a firefighter for 8 years) and I was allowed to head on home.

Now, as to why I was out so late.... I took Cynthia to see Harry Potter. It was pretty good, but Cynthia and I both agreed that you really have to read the book to understand quite a bit of the movie. We both think the movie should have been 3-4 hours long to get all the pertinent scenes in.

We also saw Walk the Line. It was a really slow movie. Interesting, but slow.

1 comment:

Cara said...

I just got my first ticket last year. I was going (gulp) 85 in a 60 mph zone. (can you say "lead foot?") Then the evening that I had to go an pay my ticket...upon returning home..I stepped out of my van and tripped over the kid's bikes and the lawn mower and broke my arm.
I think that was God's way of saying...be glad you only had to pay a fine for speeding because if you would've gotten into a wreck going that speed...you might have been a lot worse off than a broken arm!
Since then, I've not gone 85 but I do have to watch how fast I'm driving because I really do have a lead foot! lol