Thursday, November 17, 2005

Lousy Home Manager

Why is it that I can happily clean and organize someone else's home, but it is such a chore to do my own? *raises hand* I know! I know! It's because I don't feel quite as appreciated by my husband and my children as I think I should when I've cleaned my house. How's that for being selfish. I think I've resigned myself to an unclean, but quite lived-in home until the last of my children reach school age. I know that Jaba probably expects me to enter the cash paying workforce when all the children are in school, but I'm going to pray, pray, pray and ask God to grant the desire of my heart to continue being a SAHM and professional housewife/home manager for at least another 2 years, but hopefully until all of our children are in college.

I'm not saying that I don't ever want to work a monetary paying job again, I am just beginning to take seriously the awesome responsibility to actively raise & educate our children.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Ahhh I know the feeling of the unkept home. Glad that you are more sastisfied with your being a SAHM.

Cara said...

Hi Marilyn! You are not the only one who feels as if it's a big chore to clean your own home.
I've been at home with my kids for 13 years and watching how fast 2 kids can undo a clean house is amazing to me. lol Also, just because your kids all go to school doesn't necessarily mean you'll have a clean house, again. In fact, I think my house has been worse since they started school. ;o) Maybe not dirtier but just more cluttery. The schools send home SO MUCH paper stuff and all the artwork that comes home and well, you know because you already have kids in school. I'm just basically burnt out on cleaning. LOL