Wednesday, April 26, 2006

He's Saved! He's Saved!

Where do I start. I was only going to share the whole thing with just my most close and personal friends, but I think it's important to be completely open and honest with anyone who is reading my blog. I'm not going to write a book, because it is a book, but I'll write a Cliff Note version.

Two nights ago, I discovered that my husband was in a 5+ year online and phone relationship with another woman. I cried in deep agony. We talked. Jaba said he wanted and needed to change his life. I failed to help him do that.

Yesterday evening, it got worse when I discovered that he was having internet and phone sex with even more women. I cried some more and then I got mad. I called him at work to talk--Jab asked to wait until he got home. In a moment of anger I told him I didn't want him to come home. But I called back about 15 minutes later and said I'd meet him at work. I yelled, he apologized and repeated that He needed help. God told me to call our friends (church) Kelly (man) and Angela because I knew that I wasn't in a frame of mind to be able to do this on my own.

Jab confided in and confessed to Kelly on the front porch at my request as I just could not go through hearing everything and I wanted Jaba to not be afraid to confess everything. About an hour later they came inside. Kelly told me that he truly believed that Jaba was sorry for what he had done to me. He then asked me my intentions and I told him that Jaba is my husband. I do not want a divorce and I do not want a separation. Then Kelly led Jaba through F.A.I.T.H. (which is a guideline to lead someone to salvation that is along the same lines as "The Roman Road"). Jaba prayed a sinner's prayer. Then Kelly informed him that he would need to acknowledge to the church his decision to follow Christ and asked Jab to say a prayer in his own words thanking God for what He had done and that he would inform others.

I believed that Jaba truly had done this, but with a broken heart I was still skeptical, but after church tonight, I am not. We attended a new believers class (its a series of classes) and hearing my husband tell the teacher that he had told everyone at work and his friends about his decision and then giving his testimony, I am no longer doubting his transformation or that he is a "new creature" in Christ.

Jab and I prayed together this morning. Then tonight our family prayed together. Kurt and Shelby even prayed. I am shouting Hallelujah because I have the spiritual leader in our home for which I have been praying for at least 8 years.

God does answer prayer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How are you doing????
I miss you.... My prayers for you and your family...