Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Fruit Cocktail Cherries


Do you remember counting out the fruit cocktail cherries so that another sibling wouldn't get more that you?

This afternoon after putting Kurt and Shelby down for their nap, Alex asked if he could have some fruit. He brought me the Fruit Cocktail can (family size of course) to open. When I pulled the lid off I saw all the cherries and it brought me back to my childhood. I'm the oldest of 3 girls and we would argue over who had more cherries. Beware if you did because the other 2 sisters would make sure they got their fair share! However, today as I was eating a bowl for myself, I just was not as impressed with the taste of the cherries. Today it was all about the peaches.


I have other half and step siblings, but they did not come into the picture until I was away at college.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Never did this but it sounds sweet. Fresh cherries I like. Canned ones not so much.

Side by Side said...

I just love the picture you posted!