Wednesday, May 18, 2005

MOPS and downsizing day 2

Today was a busy, busy day. First, we woke up about 10 minutes before the bus arrived for Cynthia and Al. Both had accidents last night so there was no way we were getting ready for the bus in time. On top of that I forgot to ask Jaba to bring home a fruit tray for my MOPS (Moms of Pre-schoolers) meeting at church this morning. I got the kids ready, Jaba drove them to school then headed to WallyWorld to get the tray while I got Mary-Jo, Kurt and Shelby dressed. I then took a quick bath, but was interupted by a phone call from Cynthia at school. She forgot to bring her dress for her invitation to join Jr Beta. Thankfully the induction for Jr Beta was scheduled for 1pm so I still got to attend my MOPS meeting.

Jab finally got back from WW at 8:46 so off the 3 youngest and I go to church for MOPS. Mary-Jo pulled her separation anxiety trip on me again. I just don't know what to do about this. Everytime I leave the house or leave her in the preschool nursery, she throws a fit and hangs all over me. She's okay within 5 minutes after I leave, but it is such a pain in my heart for her to have such intense feelings about me leaving. After leaving her in the room I finally get to go to our meeting place and put out my fruit tray.

Boy! I'm so glad that I went. Today was Tea and Testimony and the ladies who shared their testimonies were so inspiring. The testimonies given concerned security in salvation, faith, the devaluing of SAHM's by mothers in the workforce, one mother's concern about whether her 4 & 5 yr old daughter's were old enough to understand about salvation. I'm going to just expand on 2 of those subjects. First is the devaluing of SAHM's by mothers in the workforce. The one thing that I have found about our SAHM's in our group is that we don't put down the ladies who either choose to or must work. The ladies who do work don't devalue the SAHM's either. But those in the "world" say such derogatory comments about SAHM's TO OUR FACES! Second, the mom who was concerned about whether her 4 & 5 year old girls were old enough to understand salvation was brought to tears. She almost was not able to get out her prayer request through her tears. Her girls have been talking about salvation. She was concerned that if she were to direct them in a "sinner's prayer" at their age before they are ready and then tell them that they are saved that she could be giving them a false sense of security in their salvation.

MOPS ends at 11:30 so I wasn't in a hurry to get home to tend to my next item of the day--Cynthia's dress for Jr Beta. Well, as I drive up to the house, Jaba tells me that Cynthia called again and that she needed the dress right away. So I don't even worry about unbelting the twins from their carseats. I run into the house and get Cynthia's dress and shoes. Then I'm on the road again. Of course, Cynthia was either paniced, or Jaba just doesn't know how to discern information, because when I got there at noon, Cynthia is at lunch and the Jr Beta invitation is not until 1:00.

The rest of the afternoon involved taking a much needed nap while the twins were sleeping. Jab was able to occupy Mary-Jo's needs and whims so I wasn't awakened everytime I nodded off. After a nice hour and a half of sleep I continued my downsizing that started yesterday. Today I cleaned the dining/piano/sewing and breakfast rooms. Another 5 trashbags were filled and loaded into the back of Jab's truck. I do still have to put out 2 little fires to completely have those two rooms finished--the computer desk and my sewing table. It will probably take about 45 minutes to finish those 2 items tomorrow, then I'll tackle the kitchen and the dressing rooms.

Final noteworthy items of the day:

Shelby and Kurt helped sort all of the laundry. They love picking up the clothes off the floor and putting them into baskets. We ended up with 6 baskets full and 2 loads of linens. Of course, after we were finished they wanted to take the clothes back out of the baskets, but I got their attention diverted just in time!
Kurt and Shelby also loved dancing and singing with the American Idol contestants tonight. I hope that Bo and Carrie are the final 2.

Well that was my day.

No comments: