Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Not So Useless Anymore

My husband is telling everyone how proud he is of me. He is noticing a huge change, one I really hope to continue. This change was due to the Angel Sermon that I blogged about on Dec 13, Am I Useless in the Kingdom in Heaven. I've actually dwelled on this a little more and have realized that Satan really hasn't had to do much to keep me useless, I had been doing it all on my own. I really have not been a good witness to my husband or to my children. Yes, I take them to AWANA's on Wednesday nights and I sometimes help them with their verses during the week. However, they have not been seeing me walk the walk.

My next step is to start a Bible Study in our home. I've been doing one on my own on the book of John, but my children need to be reading the Bible everyday as well. I'm thinking that we should read the same praise Psalm everyday for a week, then come together on Saturday morning and talk about what they think that the Psalm means. Hopefully by the end of the week, they will almost have the Psalm memorized as well.

I know this will not be easy, but keeping my house clean for a month has not been an easy task either after many years of laziness. It is one of my deepest desires that by leading a Bible Study in the home that my 4 younger children and possibly my husband will also desire to accept Christ as their Savior or desire to be more led by God.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

That is very noble! You are amazing.